Kit Types & Options
Here at CarbonCrowd we sell two types of microgreens growing systems with several customization options: the Pro Kit and the Home Kit.
The Pro Kit is tailored to growers with professional aspirations who want to give their customers live plants. It uses firm coir pads as a growing medium and a deep tray with bamboo spacers.
The Home Kit is tailored to those who grow for themselves or their families and uses a nested tray system (one with holes and one without). With this system, you can use soil or loose coir and harvest the greens fresh as needed.
Barebones Option: Each kit can be purchased as a barebones kit, meaning it comes with only the lights, racks, trays, and power systems. It does not include seeds, growing medium, a timer, or bamboo tray spacers.
Deluxe option: includes everything you need to get growing. In addition to the lights and power system, trays, and racks, you will receive coconut coir growing medium (coir brick for Home Kit, coir pads for Pro Kit), seeds, bamboo tray spacers (for Pro Kit only), and a timer.
The Barebones option includes:
- 64” inch green epoxy rack (4 poles + 6 shelves)
- Custom LED lighting & suspension system specifically designed for growing microgreens indoors (12 LED’s + 1 Power Box)
- 5 BPA-certified, FDA-approved heavy duty microgreens grow trays
- 6 styrofoam lid coverings for seed germination (Pro Kit only)
The Deluxe option includes all of the above plus:
- 1 timer
- 1 lb of cruciferous microgreens seeds
- Coconut coir growing medium (pads for pro kit, compressed pith block for home kit)
- Bamboo tray spacers (Pro Kit only)
Small white trays seen in first photo not included.
**Some lights have developed a hazing effect over time. This is a purely cosmetic issue and will not inhibit growth. In fact, the effect may be beneficial, and we actually prefer these lights in our own farm. However, we know that some people care about aesthetics, which is why we have already priced in a discount to account for this issue.The hazing is present in most of the online videos of our farm, and as you can see, when the lights are on, it's almost completely unnoticeable. We cannot offer refunds or accept returns and will not make an exception for that issue.